GEN 2840: Honors Service Learning
- Required for students in the Honors Program
- Required activities:
- Initial meeting with Professor Rosner
- Completion of two approved volunteer activities
- Two Reflection sessions, Office of Service Learning
- For one of these, students may choose the Honors Reflection Session on Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 4:30, F207
- One Dialogue session, Office of Service Learning. For this requirement, students may choose the Honors Dialogue with guest presenter Christine Brady, Director, Americas Foundation. Ms. Brady will be presenting in the following two venues; students may choose either one:
- Monday, April 8, 3:30, in GSS 2368, Global Community. Students not enrolled in the class should check with Professor Cordero-Roman about available space.
- Tuesday, April 9, 4:30, F207, during the Honors Monthly Meeting.
- Required Activities Form
- 2-page mid-semester report due in B114 on Friday, March 8, 2013, 2 pm (only hard copies, please: no email assignments will be accepted)
- 2-page final write-up due in B114, Monday, May 6, 2013, 2 pm (only hard copies, please: no email assignments will be accepted)
Students who have completed two semester of GEN 2840 may, with the prior permission of the professor, work on alternate assignments for their midterm or final report. Possibilities include developing an e-portfolio for service activities, creating a brochure for a community service project, or researching careers related to service interests.
- Honors Service Learning Questionnaire
- Useful Links:
Questions? Please email me at RosnerL@stockton.edu.